ICELAND PHOTO TOUR
20th - 28th September 2023
Join us as we explore the fascinating landscape in Iceland and experience it. most beautiful natural spectacle the Northern Lights. We will take you to the most famous places in Iceland and use every opportunity to hunt for the Northern Lights
After meeting at our scheduled time at Keflavik International Airport, we will jump in the van and head to Grundarfjörður which is located on the Snæfellsnes peninsula (west of Iceland).
There we will spend the next two nights trying to capture the northern lights above the iconic Kirkjufell mountain. We will also be exploring on day 2 during the day around the area of Kirkjufell as there are many other small waterfalls and beautiful compositions that can be found with some minimal hiking.
On day 3 we will be departing early towards the region of Vik as we have a long drive ahead of us.
After a 6-hour drive, we will arrive at our next destination Vik where we will stay for the next two nights.
Here we will visit some of Iceland's best highlights: Black Sand Beach, Sólheimasandur Plane Wreck, and Dyrhólaey Lighthouse.
Each destination is weather dependent, in the circumstances that it is too windy or wet we may change to another location that is more suited.
During the two evenings, we will chase the Northern Lights, for this, we need clear skies and solar activity. The locations we will visit will be dependent on those factors.
After a 4-hour drive, we arrive at our next destination Höfn.
Here we will visit highlights such as Vestrahorn (Stokksnes), Eystrahorn, Diamond Beach, and Jökulsarlon.
We will be spending one evening at Vestrahorn & one evening at Eystrahorn, they both include a sunset and some daytime exploring.
Other places such as Jökulsarlon & Diamond Beach will be only pass-by locations where we spend roughly an hour or so, in the event, we have bad weather at Vestrahorn or Eystrahorn we may attempt to head to Diamond beach in hunt of the Northern Lights & better weather conditions.
On our way back from Höfn we will make a stop once again at Vik. This evening we will head to Skogafoss for sunset.
On the last day you will be dropped to the airport to catch your flight home for late afternoon. Official time tbd.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
If a participant decides to cancel their reservation, they can do so at any time by communicating it as soon as possible to the official email address of the organiser at email@example.com or Burake@gmx.de
- However, you should keep in mind that the cancellation by a participant would create management difficulties in bookings as well as the risk of not reaching the minimum number of participants for the trip (and consequently the need to search for a new person). For this reason:
- If the cancellation request is submitted BEFORE 14 days (after the registration and deposit was made), you may receive a refund of the deposit minus a 20% admission fee.
- If the cancellation request is submitted AFTER 14 days (after the registration and deposit was made) you will not receive a refund of the deposit.
- If the cancellation request is presented LESS than 90 days before departure, it will NOT be possible to receive a refund of the full booking amount.
- Unless the customer that desires to cancel his booking brings in another person who is willing to take their place by paying the total amount of the trip itself.
All logistics in Iceland.
Parking & transport costs.
Photographic Tour guide (myself).
Entry fees to all attractions on the itinerary.
Travel & Health Insurance.
Flights to Reykjavik.
Single Room (additional fee).
· DSLR or Mirrorless Camera
· Sturdy Tripod (Rental is availble)
· Remote shutter release Cable
· Wide angle lens low f-stop (f1.4-f2.8) Preferably
· Hiking Boots (waterproof or wellies also reccomended)
· Warm clothing at the temperature can drop to below 0 in the nights.
· Additional Batteries & Memory Cards.
· Camera lens cleaning equipment and towels (Iceland is wet & windy).
For optimal supervision, the maximum number of participants is limited to 11.
The minimum number of participants for the tour is 4.
Participation with English or German language skills.
Note (basic English skills required as my German is not fluent, but it should be enough to communicate and get by) Buraks German is fluent though for those German speaking.
To book the trip, a deposit of 1000 € is required to secure your spot and the outstanding balance must be paid 90 days prior before the start of the trip.
2950 Euro (Double room sharing)
For Single room occupancy please request price.
Deposits need to be made via Bank Transfer. All details will be sent to you once you have filled out the contact formula at the bottom of the page.